Office of the University Extension Services
General Functions of Extension
The University Extension Services (UES) formermly known as the Office of Extension and External Affairs (OEEA) was created through the TUP BOR Resolution #88 S. 1995. The UES shall coordinate, coordinate, and operationalize the extension function of the University and its campuses/units in accordance with the approved extension programs and priorities. It recommends policies on extension programs and services. It is also charged with the functions of planning, directing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the University Extension activities.
- Assist the University in its program of development and growth by providing extension data for decision making and for the formulation of Extension development plans;
- Lead in the formulation and implementation of University extension policies, rules and standards, basic procedures and other related community development concerns. It should also review and recommend amendments to the established policies and guidelines for extension programs;
- Assist in the establishment of linkages with government and non-government agencies and othe outside funding agencies for possible resource generation, conduct of extension programs related to the common concern with both agencies;
- Coordinate, monitor and review extension projects of various campuses/units/colleges to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the program;
- Plan and implement programs that will enhance the extension competencies of personnel, students and other members engaged in extension service or community development service;
- Exercise leadership through cooperative efforts with other units of the University and with external agencies in the promotion of extension programs and other development thrusts through seminars, conferences, workshops, training programs, consulting or technical service and other extension related activities.
Areas of Concern / Services
- Package suitable and viable technologies for development and research results of the University, government and non-government organization for dissemination and adaptation, and utilization of the community.
- Develop schemes and materials for effective communication support systems and approaches for increasing awareness in instruction, sustaining, marketing and understanding the concept of development.
- Provide internal capability development services among University Extension Services Staff and Coordinators through formal and non-formal education means.
- Accommodate special project development services in response to to immediate needs of a particular group that covers programs on poverty alleviation, women concerns, persons with disabilities, gender and development (GAD), cooperatives, resource generation and others.
- Establish linkages among other government organizations and non-gorvernment organizations.
- Dr. Mila V. Espinosa
Director, University Extension Services
- 3F IRTC Bldg., TUP-Manila, Ayala Boulevard, Ermita, Manila, Philippines 1000
- (+632) 301.3001 local 409