Search for One (1) Private Sector Representative (PSR) in the Governing Board
The Technological University of the Philippines (TUP) Board of Regents, formally and publicly announces that the SEARCH FOR ONE (1) PRIVATE SECTOR REPRESENTATIVE (PSR) IN THE GOVERNING BOARD is now OPEN.
The following are the CRITERIA AND GUIDELINES for the 2018 Nomination:
- CRITERIA FOR NOMINEES FOR PRIVATE SECTOR REPRESENTATIVE (PSR) — Nominees for PSR to the Technological University of the Philippines (TUP) Board of Regents (BOR) must satisfy the following criteria:
- Must be a prominent Filipino citizen residing in the Philippines;
- Must be at least forty (40) years old;
- Must be a person of unquestioned integrity and probity and must not have been convicted of any administrative offense or crime;
- Must be successful in his/her profession(s) or chosen field;
- Must be from the industry, business, or profession that can contribute to the pursuit of the mandate of TUP;
- Must have at least five (5) years proven experience in a managerial position or corporate governance;
- Must have solid contribution to the community and/or country;
- Must not be connected with TUP in any manner for two years prior to the nomination;
- Must have an extensive record of employment, business, expertise, and connection with the private sector. If the nominee previously worked in any capacity with a government entity or was a consultant in any government undertaking or whatever nature, the proportion of the time the nominee served in government should not exceed one-fourth of the entire time served in the private sector;
- Must not in any way be presently employed or appointed to any position in any government agency or entity (national, local, or government-owned or controlled corporation), be it on a full-time or part-time basis, at the time of nomination; and
- Must explicitly manifest availability of time and commitment to the service of TUP.
The achievements and contributions of nominees shall be evaluated according to percentages presented in Table 1 below:
Table 1. Evaluation of PSR Nominees
CRITERIA % 1. Achievement(s) in the business or chosen field
- Personal – 10%
- Educational Qualification
- Training Seminars/Conferences Attended
- Membership in Professional Organizations
- Awards/Recognitions– 20%
30% 2. Solid Contribution(s) to the Community and/or country
- Contribution– 30%
- Nature of contribution
- Integrity and Probity – 10%
40% 3. Experience 30% TOTAL 100%
- NOMINATION REQUIREMENTS — Nominators/Nominees for the position of PSR should provide all pertinent details, as follows:
- Duly accomplished and notarized nomination form;
- Supporting documents:
- Curriculum Vitae of nominee with duly certified documents in support of data specified therein (e.g., academic records; past and current employment/service records; awards received, SEC/DTI Registration of companies owned by nominee; etc.)
- Certification that nominee is not connected with TUP;
- Certification that nominee is not currently employed in any government agency/office;
- Original NBI clearance; and
- Nominee’s Conforme — Nominees should indicate their acceptance of the nomination by signing their conforme on the designated portion of the notarized nomination form.
- NOMINATION PROCESS — Nominators shall submit their nominations and all supporting documents to the Office of the TUP Board Secretary, Secretariat of the Search Committee, located at the 2nd Floor, Administration Building, Technological University of the Philippines, Ayala Blvd. corner San Marcelino St., Ermiata, Manila not later than 2 March 2018, at 5 o’clock in the afternoon. The Search Committee shall only consider nominations with complete supporting documents.
*Please contact the Office of the Board Secretary at 301-3001 local 125 for more details.Download the NOMINATION FORM.